Mostly I use Patrick as a source of assurance that my life won't continue to suck.
- Janie: you know how people always say you should join clubs and shit in the real world to meet people? What are you supposed to do if your hobbies are feminized? Do many straight men join knitting circles and book clubs?
- Patrick: Book clubs for sure. Knitting maybe less so. But, seriously, many straight men read.
- Janie: But do they join book clubs? Also the general point still stands, my interests are not conducive to meeting men.
- Patrick: I have little experience with clubs so I can't comment on gender breakdowns, but true. Join a whittling circle. Those exist, right?
- Janie: First I'd have to resign myself to dating a hipster.
- Patrick: Or a lumberjack!